Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Weight Off my Mind

Remember this guy...the one that had my heart breaking when he went missing and then 6 weeks later came home again!?!?  This cute little fur ball that I love so much?!?  Well, as of late this guy has been a bit of a stinker.  He LOVES to help Mommy get ready in the morning, so much so that he will stand out side of the bathroom door while I shower and call for me until I let him in.  He then proceeds to chatter away while I dress and get ready (as quickly as  I can due to his loudness).  All seems pretty cute and sweet right?  I mean, I think so, but the hubs...not so much.  After all, I get up at 530am and all this chit chat happens in our bathroom.  when hubs doesn't have to be up until 730....it's a touchy subject.  So I have had to rethink my morning routine some, and I have to say...I LOVE what I came up with, let me share.

I have this goal in my head for 2016...this is my year our year, for better health, smarter choices all around.  We are making changes everyday and I am seeing the benefits start to kick in, for example the chatty cat problem has actually been a win win overall.  I have been doing my best to get in at LEAST 30 minutes of cardio everyday.  Yep, that's right, I said EVERY day and it has been working.  I am running 3-4 days a week and have crossed over the 4 mile mark/run.  My distance has increased and I have cut 1 minute off my mile in three weeks.  Woo hoo!  I am also doing the Piyo by Beachbody 5-6 days a week. 


As someone who loves both yoga and Pilates, this workout is PERFECTION! It challenges me, gets a good amount of strength training in, and has enough variety that I can use it as cardio on off days with one of the longer workouts...or like last night do a shorter workout (lower body in 20 minutes, yes please) after a run and it REALLY helps to relax and stretch those tight running muscles. 

Ok, so the morning situation.  Since I get up at 530 NOT to workout but because that's what time I HAVE to get up to get my big girl up and off to school by 7, my workouts happen AFTER work.  Well, if I workout AFTER work, I need to shower after work...so that is what I have been doing.  If I know I have to shower at night, it makes me more apt to do that workout...and if I shower at night, there is no chatty kitty to wake the hubs in the morning.  I lay my clothes out in Mini Me's room the night before (as she snuggles with Dadoo once I am out of bed), and my makeup and hair stuff are all in the downstairs half bath now.  It actually allows me a little more time in the mornings too so I am not as rushed packing lunches and making breakfast. 

The other win out of this is that I have stopped obsessing about the numbers on the scale.  Our scale is in the master bathroom.  I had a habit of getting on it everyday....EVERY day, so each little fluctuation made me crazy.   So with this new routine, I am not near the scale so my on;y weigh in options are the weekends, I am relying on how my clothes fit ans how I feel the rest of the week. This has proven to be a good great thing too as I had been plateaued out for a while, and now with a few new changes (more workouts, so more carbs added back into my eating plan), I broke through and dropped another pound.  What a weight off my mind (and body).

I have also been back to my oil pulling 5 sometimes 6 days a week and I have to say...my teeth are whiter and my skin has a but more glow to it...it's probably a combination of everything, and I love it...so I know this is a plan we can stuck with for a while.

I HAVE added more carbs into my eating, but am making sure I am choosing healthy ones...more nuts and fruit...still avoiding pasta and breads and rices etc. 

So that is where I am right now.  Starting month 2 of 2016 strong and with a plan feels great!!!  Oh and in case you are wondering, this month's challenge is the wall sit challenge.  February is also going to have a GIVEAWAY so make sure you check back!


No comments: